Welcome to the 2013 Cleveland Comedy Festival!
Thanks to all our comedians, fans, sponsors, volunteers, media partners and to the people of Cleveland for a tremendous 2013 Cleveland Comedy Festival! What a week of comedy we had November 11 – 17. Record attendance at shows, hilarious comedians and a great time was had by everyone.
Latest Festival News
- Congratulations to Brad Wenzel for winning the 2013 Cleveland Comedy Festival contest! Brad was hilarious all week and distinguished himself with a brillian set on Sunday night at the Finals. Congrats also to Matty Litwack for 2nd place and Spark Tabor for 3rd place. And a great job by all our finalists.
- We’re very proud to announce several new sponsors! Ambiance and Society Lounge as a Presenting Sponsors and Laugh Staff, Nissan of Bedford and Drees Homes as Featured Sponsors.
- We’re also very excited to add Cleveland Magazine and Northeast Ohio Media Group (representing cleveland.com, The Plain Dealer and Sun News) as Media Sponsors. See our Sponsors Page for all the details.
- The 2013 Cleveland Comedy Festival Contest will be Presented by 87.7 FM Cleveland’s Sound! We’re very excited to be partnering with 87.7 FM this year and seeing which of the 49 talented comedians will win the top prize of $2,000.
- Tickets for 19 different featured shows at PlayhouseSquare is now live! See the Shows page for more details and links to get tickets to specific shows.
- Invites have gone out to over 70 comedians who will be performing in this year’s Festival! The final schedule of comedians and shows will be posted this week.
- We’re very proud to be partnering with Stand Up For Downs this year for two fantastic fundraiser shows on Saturday, November 16th at PlayhouseSquare’s Kennedy’s Theatre. Both shows will feature the hilarious Mike Vecchione (Last Comic Standing, Comedy Central). Help us raise money to fund programs and education for Down Syndrome. Click here for tickets!
- We are very excited to announce that the amazingly funny TODD BARRY (The Wrestler, Flight of the Conchords, Letterman, Conan, Comedy Central and more) will headline the Cleveland Comedy Festival at PlayhouseSquare’s Allen Theatre on Saturday November 16th. Tickets will go on sale via playhousesquare.org on September 6th.
- Dates have been set for the 2013 Cleveland Comedy Festival — November 11 – 17, 2013 with shows at several fabulous PlayhouseSquare Theaters. More details about shows, comedian submissions and special events will be announced the coming months. Check back to this page or follow us on Twitter @CLEcomedyfest or on our Facebook Fan Page for all the latest announcements.