The 2013 Cleveland Comedy Festival comedian registration has now closed. We received tons of fantastic comedian registrations this year and our creative committee is reviewing them. We expect to make all decisions by October 13.
This year’s festival will be bigger and better than ever with more prize money for the contest and more stage time for all comedians. Paid shows, free shows, shows at PlayhouseSquare and lots of satellite venues in the Greater Cleveland area.
- 2013 Cleveland Comedy Festival is open to all professional and amateur comedians who register online and pay the registration fee by October 6, 2013
- Comics from all over the U.S. and Canada are eligible.
- Top 48 comedians will be selected from all paid submissions by the festival performance committee for a spot in the 2013 Cleveland Comedy Festival Contest. See Contest Details below. In addition to their contest spot, these 48 comedians will receive at least 3 additional performance opportunities during the Festival. (That’s at least 4 spots during the Festival!)
- In addition to the top 48 comedians selected for the contest, we will also be selecting up to 20 additional comedians for 2-3 Showcase performance opportunities during the Festival.
- If you are NOT interested in the contest but want to be considered for just Showcase shows, you may still register and complete the payment through PayPal. Make sure you check the box on the form that you are NOT interested in the contest.
- Contest Preliminary will take place on Monday 11/11, Tuesday 11/12, Wednesday 11/13 and Thursday 11/14 at PlayhouseSquare’s Kennedy’s Theater. 12 comedians per show. Top 2 will advance to Finals. 6 minute set time in Prelim shows.
- Each 3rd and 4th place comedian in each Prelim will advance to a 2nd Chance Wildcard Show on Friday 11/15 where they will perform again for a live audience and judges. The top 2 comedians from the Wildcard Show will advance to the Finals.
- Contest Finals on Sunday November 17th at PlayhouseSquare’s Allen Theatre. 8 minute set time in Contest final.
- Judging for all Prelims and Finals will be 50% audience votes and 50% judges panel votes. Judges will be Cleveland media and entertainment industry representatives.
- Prize money will be awarded as follows:
All Comedians Selected For The Festival Will Receive
- At least 2-4 performance opportunities at Cleveland Comedy Festival venues during November 11 – 17.
- Sets will range from 5 – 12 minutes in length and will take place at PlayhouseSquare theaters and lots of other satellite venues in the Greater Cleveland / Akron / Lorain area.
- A super cool 2013 Cleveland Comedy Festival T-shirt.
- An official 2013 CCF comedian lanyard with your name that you can wear around all week to impress everyone.
- Backstage food and soft drinks at all PlayhouseSquare shows.
Registration Fees and Requirements
- Registration fees will follow the following schedule:
$25.00 if paid by Sunday September 29, 2013
$35.00 if paid between September 30th and by October 6, 2013
- Registration fee is non-refundable and does not guarantee you a spot in the contest or in the festival. Only 48 comedians will be selected to compete for the contest.
- NON-REFUNDABLE registration fee and a completed form with video link is required for all registrations.
- You must provide a link to a video of the set you want the committee to review for your submission. The video must be at least 6 minutes of original comedy. Videos shorter than 6 minutes will not be considered. Video and audio quality are extremely important for your submission.
- If you cannot provide an online video, you may send a DVD copy of your set to Cleveland Comedy Festival, P.O. Box 141003, Cleveland, OH 44114.
- If you cannot use PayPal to complete the online submission fee, you may send a check to Cleveland Comedy Festival, P.O. Box 141003, Cleveland, OH 44114.
2013 CLEVELAND COMEDY FESTIVAL COMEDIAN REGISTRATION
Registration is closed for this event.
For more information or questions, please email: email@example.com