Thanks to all the comedians who registered and submitted their credentials for consideration. Our creative committee will be announcing selections soon.
This year’s festival will be better than ever and even more comedian-friendly. The schedule will be Wednesday November 29th – Sunday December 3rd and concentrated most shows within walking distance of Playhouse Square.
- 2017 Cleveland Comedy Festival is open to all professional and amateur comedians who register online and pay the registration fee by October 29, 2017.
- Comedians from all over the U.S. and Canada are eligible.
- Top 48 comedians will be selected from all paid submissions by the festival performance committee for a spot in the 2017 Cleveland Comedy Festival Contest. See Contest Details below. In addition to their contest spot, these 48 comedians will receive at least 2 additional performance opportunities during the Festival. (That’s at least 3 spots during the Festival!). And, if we can add more as we approach November, we will!
- If you are NOT interested in the contest but want to be considered for just Showcase shows, you may still register and complete the payment through PayPal. Make sure you check the box on the form that you are NOT interested in the contest.
- Contest Preliminary Shows will take place on Wednesday 11/29, Thursday 11/30, and Friday 12/1 (2 prelims) at PlayhouseSquare’s Kennedy’s Theatre. 12 comedians per show. Top 3 will advance to Finals. 6 minute set time in Prelim shows. We have eliminated the Wild Card show and have made it even easier to advance to the Finals!
- Contest Finals on Saturday December 2, 2017 at PlayhouseSquare’s Outcalt Theatre. 8 minute set time in Contest final.
- Comedians that advance to the Finals are asked to perform a different 8 minute set than their preliminary set.
- Judging for all Prelims and Finals will be 50% audience votes and 50% judges panel votes. Judges will be Cleveland media and entertainment industry representatives.
- PRIZE MONEY WILL BE AWARDED AS FOLLOWS:
All Comedians Selected For The Festival Will Receive
- At least 3 performance opportunities at Cleveland Comedy Festival venues during November 29 – December 3, 2017. NOTE: Shows are subject to your availability. We try very hard to accommodate everyone’s schedules. But if you’re not available to be in Cleveland Wednesday, Thursday and/or Friday, your total number of shows may be limited.
- Sets will range from 5 – 12 minutes in length and will take place at PlayhouseSquare theaters and additional satellite venues in the Cleveland area.
- A super cool 2017 Cleveland Comedy Festival T-shirt.
- An official 2017 Cleveland Comedy Festival comedian lanyard with your name that you can wear around all week to impress everyone.
- Backstage food and soft drinks at all PlayhouseSquare shows.
- FREE admission to all CCF shows at Playhouse Square Kennedy’s Theatre (space permitted).
Registration Fees and Requirements
- Registration fees will follow the following schedule:
$20.00 (Early Bird pricing) if paid by midnight on Thursday August 31, 2017
$25.00 if paid by midnight on Saturday September 30, 2017
$35.00 if paid between October 1, 2017 and by midnight on Sunday October 29, 2017
- Registration fee is non-refundable and does not guarantee you a spot in the contest or in the festival. Only 48 comedians will be selected to compete for the contest.
- If you are not interested in the contest but still want to be a part of the 2017 Cleveland Comedy Festival, that’s totally cool. Still complete your registration and submit your video. Just check the box on the form. We’d love to have you and have some great shows we can offer you.
- NON-REFUNDABLE registration fee and a completed form with video link is required for all registrations.
- You must provide a link to a video of the set you want the committee to review for your submission. The video must be at least 6 minutes of original comedy. Videos shorter than 6 minutes will not be considered. Video and audio quality are extremely important for your submission.
- If you cannot provide an online video, you may send a DVD copy of your set to Cleveland Comedy Festival, P.O. Box 141003, Cleveland, OH 44114.
- If you cannot use PayPal to complete the online submission fee, you may send a check to Cleveland Comedy Festival, P.O. Box 141003, Cleveland, OH 44114.
2017 COMEDIAN REGISTRATION
Registration is closed for this event.
For more information or questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org