This year’s festival will be better than ever and even more comedian-friendly. We’ve condensed our schedule to Wednesday November 18th – Sunday November 22nd and concentrated most shows within walking distance of Playhouse Square. We’ve added some paid work, industry opportunities, and more fun than ever for all selected comedians.
- 2015 Cleveland Comedy Festival is open to all professional and amateur comedians who register online and pay the registration fee by October 5, 2015.
- Comics from all over the U.S. and Canada are eligible.
- Top 48 comedians will be selected from all paid submissions by the festival performance committee for a spot in the 2015 Cleveland Comedy Festival Contest. See Contest Details below. In addition to their contest spot, these 48 comedians will receive at least 2 additional performance opportunities during the Festival. (That’s at least 3 spots during the Festival!). And, if we can add more as we approach November, we will!
- If you are NOT interested in the contest but want to be considered for just Showcase shows, you may still register and complete the payment through PayPal. Make sure you check the box on the form that you are NOT interested in the contest.
- Contest Preliminary Shows will take place on Wednesday 11/18, Thursday 11/19, and Friday 11/20 (2 prelims) at PlayhouseSquare’s Outcalt Theatre. 12 comedians per show. Top 2 will advance to Finals. 6 minute set time in Prelim shows.
- Each 3rd and 4th place comedian in each Prelim will advance to a 2nd Chance Wildcard Show on Saturday 11/21 where they will perform again for a live audience and judges. The top 2 comedians from the Wildcard Show will advance to the Finals.
- Contest Finals on Sunday November 22nd at PlayhouseSquare’s Outcalt Theatre. 8 minute set time in Contest final.
- Comedians that advance to the Finals on 11/23/14 are asked to perform a different 8 minute set than their preliminary and/or wildcard 6 minute set.
- Judging for all Prelims and Finals will be 50% audience votes and 50% judges panel votes. Judges will be Cleveland media and entertainment industry representatives.
- In addition to prize money, we are very excited to announce that Cleveland’s premier comedy club Hilarities 4th Street Theatre (inside Pickwick and Frolic) will be awarding paid work to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners in the 2015 Cleveland Comedy Festival contest.
1st Place: Week of Paid Feature Work at Hilarities
2nd Place: Week of Paid Hosting Work at Hilarities
3rd Place: Guest Set at Hilarities
- AND that’s on top of the PRIZE MONEY:
All Comedians Selected For The Festival Will Receive
- At least 3 performance opportunities at Cleveland Comedy Festival venues during November 18 – 22, 2015. NOTE: Shows are subject to your availability. We try very hard to accommodate everyone’s schedules. But if you’re not available to be in Cleveland Wednesday, Thursday and/or Friday, your total number of shows may be limited.
- Sets will range from 5 – 12 minutes in length and will take place at PlayhouseSquare theaters, Hilarities 4th Street Theatre and additional satellite venues concentrated in Cleveland.
- A super cool 2015 Cleveland Comedy Festival T-shirt.
- An official 2015 CCF comedian lanyard with your name that you can wear around all week to impress everyone.
- NEW FOR 2015: A private tour of Hilarities 4th Street Theatre and a Q/A session with the owner Nick Kostis – one of the most well-respected comedy owners in the U.S.
- Backstage food and soft drinks at all PlayhouseSquare shows.
Registration Fees and Requirements
- Registration fees will follow the following schedule:
$25.00 if paid by September 21, 2015
$35.00 if paid between September 22, 2015 and by October 5, 2015
- Registration fee is non-refundable and does not guarantee you a spot in the contest or in the festival. Only 48 comedians will be selected to compete for the contest.
- If you are not interested in the contest but still want to be a part of the 2015 Cleveland Comedy Festival, that’s totally cool. Still complete your registration and submit your video. Just check the box on the form. We’d love to have you and have some great shows we can offer you.
- NON-REFUNDABLE registration fee and a completed form with video link is required for all registrations.
- You must provide a link to a video of the set you want the committee to review for your submission. The video must be at least 6 minutes of original comedy. Videos shorter than 6 minutes will not be considered. Video and audio quality are extremely important for your submission.
- If you cannot provide an online video, you may send a DVD copy of your set to Cleveland Comedy Festival, P.O. Box 141003, Cleveland, OH 44114.
- If you cannot use PayPal to complete the online submission fee, you may send a check to Cleveland Comedy Festival, P.O. Box 141003, Cleveland, OH 44114.