The 2013 Cleveland Comedy Festival will again include a Class Clown Comedy Class for kids ages 11-17.
Are you a class clown? Or are you just a smart, funny kid? Well here’s your chance to learn stand-up comedy from real professional comedians, hone your funny attitude into a real stand-up comedy act, and perform on stage at PlayhouseSquare in the 6th annual Cleveland Comedy Festival.
Class Clown Stand-Up Comedy Class
- 4 weeks of professional instruction on Saturday afternoons (Oct 19 & 26, Nov. 2 & 9) from 1PM – 3PM.
- Classes held at PlayhouseSquare’s Kennedy’s Theatre and PlayhouseSquare Rehearsal Hall (1501 Euclid Avenue).
- Kennedy’s Theatre is located beneath the Ohio Theatre lobby and is a perfect intimate space for students to learn.
- Graduation show for all students on Sunday November 17th 3PM at PlayhouseSquare’s Kennedy’s Theatre. (Family & friends encouraged to attend!)
What You Will Learn
- Microphone and equipment basics
- Joke creation and refinement
- Stage presence and confidence
- Dealing with a live audience
- Basic comedic persona development
Your lead facilitators will be Rodney Bengston, Mike Scanlon and John Wellington — all veteran stand-up comedians and directors of the Cleveland Comedy Festival. Mr. Bengston, Mr. Scanlon and Mr. Wellington have over 35 years of combined experience performing stand-up comedy in comedy clubs, theaters and venues all over the Midwest. They taught the first Class Clown class in 2012 which graduated with honors.I had a fantastic time learning the tricks and techniques of comedy, and showing off what I learned in a final performance last year and I’m looking forward to doing it again! – Clara, 2012 Class Clown Graduate
Class Fee & What’s Included
- Class fee is $50 per student.
- Includes a course instruction book, certificate of graduation, Cleveland Comedy Festival T-shirt and a DVD of your performance at the graduation show.
2013 CLASS CLOWN REGISTRATION
Registration is closed for this event.
For more information or questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org